Are you ready for this? Stores are ramping up for your holiday dollars. Sales are running early this year. A few stores have already released their Black Friday circulars, and we’ll see several more next week.
The important thing to remember is that although sales will be good before Black Friday, they will most likely be as good or better on BF and in December. There’s no no need to rush through your shopping in fear that you’ll miss a deal. The exception? Photo gifts and other custom items. You’ll find the best deals on them during the second half of this month.
I’ll be bringing you tons of money-saving shopping tips and gift ideas.
- Baby Cheapskate’s 5th Blogiversary is on Friday. Get ready for some hot giveaways and other events.
- I’ll release the updated “Toys Kids Play With” lists the first week of November.
- Look for a 30% off coupon code for Gymboree to appear within the next few days. They’ve released one for the past three years. We should also see one for about 20% off at Crazy 8.
- Baby gear closeout deals continue as stores try to clear out last year’s models. Look for big discounts from Fisher Price, Graco and more at various retailers. Expect 30% to 50% off.
- Target releases its toy coupons and Toy Book.
- I’ve got my eye out for a good code for The Children’s Place. They usually release one about this time.
- Look out for “friends and family” coupons to the tune of 20% to 30% off your purchase. Keep an eye on Gap brands, Kmart, and Sears.
- Outerwear goes to 50% off at Old Navy starting the second weekend of the month.
- The Babies R Us / Toys R Us Veterans Day sale typically offers some coupons and deals. I’ll post ‘em when I see ‘em.
- Expect several good coupon codes for shoes from retailers like Shoes.com, Shoebuy.com, and more. We’ve seen $20 off $50, 20% off, and others.
- Look for some good deals on photo gifts. Expect at least 25% off.
- The quiet before the storm. Some stores and sites will actually start their sales before Thanksgiving.
- Last year we saw a 30% off coupon for PBS.com around the 17th.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Need I say more?
- Expect big discounts on toys (25% off and more), a four-day baby sale, and 40% to 70% off kids’ shoes from Amazon.
- Old Navy’s Black Friday sales is one of the best out there. It’s my favorite time to stock up on Performance Fleece. We’ve already seen on $5 fleece deal, and I predict that we’ll see it again on or before Black Friday.
- Look for a 50% off sale at Kohls.
- Look for Cyber Monday deals in the form of larger-than-usual coupons and site-wide sales at Stride Rite, LeapFrog, PBS Kids and more.
In December, week 1: Great deals on photo gifts and prints start in week 1 of December. 20% to 30% off.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.