Play kitchens are perennially on BC’s Toys Kids Play With lists, but boy can they eat up valuable real estate in your home. KidKraft’s Large Kitchen, for example, comes in at 42 inches wide. If you’re considering picking up a play kitchen, but are short on space, check out this list of play kitchens for small homes.
First, grab a measuring tape and take a look around to see how much space you do have. Then check your measurements against those of the kitchens in the list below to see what will work!
- The Little Tikes Super Chef kitchen is 28″ by 14″
- Step 2’s Cozy Kitchen is a mere 20 inches wide and 11 inches deep.
- The Hape Gourmet kitchen is petite at 27 inches by 12 inches.
- Hape’s My Creative Cookery Club kitchen gets great ratings. It’s 21.3 inches by 11.8 inches.
- Guidecraft’s Solid wood Natural Kitchenette Center is pricey but very sturdy. It’s only 21 inches wide at less than 10 inches deep.
- Melissa & Doug Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen is great if you only have a corner. It’s 36 inches by 16.5 inches but shouldn’t take up 36 inches worth of your wall since it’s angled.
You DIY types can also find inspiration galore at my DIY Kitchen Pinterest board. Lots of the kitchens there are made from night stands, which don’t take up much room.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.