Welcome to the 2011 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records among Baby Cheapskate readers when it comes to appeal and longevity. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Kids 5 to 6 Years Old:
- Art Supplies, especially drawing and painting
- Imaginext Play Sets and Playmobil Sets
- Trucks and Cars of any kind (Tonka, Hot Wheels, etc.)
- LeapFrog Leapster Explorer
- Barbie and Barbie accessories
- Board Games (Zingo, Trouble, etc.)
- Lego, Magna Tiles and other building toys
- Tranformers, Bakugan, Pokemon, other similar toys
- Hex Bugs
- Polly Pocket sets, Squinkies sets
- Insect Lore Butterfly Pavillion
- Toys That Get Played with 2011: 6 to 12 months
- Toys That Get Played with 2011: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played with 2011: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played with 2011: 3 to 4 years
- Toys That Get Played with 2011: 4 to 5 years
- How to Pick Toys with Staying Power [and Avoid the Duds]
- Early Shopper’s Guide to Holiday Savings: Tips to Help You Save Big
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.