I’ve had several requests for a “green” version of the Toys That Get Played With lists from parents who seek the the peace of mid that comes from buying toys that use sustainable or recycled materials, organic or natural materials and packaging, and/or non-toxic finishes. Well, “crunchy” moms and dads, this list is for you.
Below you’ll find ten of the top “green” toys aimed at kids in the three to five range. I’ve also included “buy” prices so you’ll know how low to expect them to go.
- Plan Toys City Series Parking Garage $99.99 (26% off at $74.42). Buy price: $65
- Plan Toys My First Doll house $119.99 (24% off at $90.94) Buy price: $90
- Haba Soft Doll Lilli $31.49 (12 months and up) Buy price: $26
- Hape Beleduc “Your Body” 5 Layer Wooden puzzle (boy or girl, shown below) $19.99 (11% off at $17.78) (2 and up) Buy price: $15.50
- Educo Gourmet Chef Kitchen by Hape $129.95 (26% off at $95.91) Buy price: $96
- Sprig Front Loader: $14.99 (20% off at $11.95) 3 and up. Buy price: $13
- Green Toys Tea Set $18.65 (2 and up) 100% recycled. Buy price: $17.50.
- Green Toys Recycling Truck: 36% off at $17.91 (shown above). The Dump Truck is also popular. (12 months and up). Buy price: $16.50
- CooCoo The Rocking Clown game by BlueOrange toys $27.99 ($27% off at $20.37). Buy price: $18.50
- Clementine Art Natural Paint – 6 Color Pack $14.99 (26% off at $11.08). Buy price: $14
What about Melissa and Doug? I asked parents on the BC Facebook page whether they considered M&D an eco-friendly brand and got a mixed response. Because opinions were so varied, I decided to leave them off the list. You can take a look at the responses here.
What toys would you add to this list?
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.