Top 10 Green Toys for Preschoolers [“Buy” Prices, Too]

I’ve had several requests for a “green” version of the Toys That Get Played With lists from parents who seek the the peace of mid that comes from buying toys that use sustainable or recycled materials, organic or natural materials and packaging, and/or non-toxic finishes. Well, “crunchy” moms and dads, this list is for you.

Below you’ll find ten of the top “green” toys aimed at kids in the three to five range. I’ve also included “buy” prices so you’ll know how low to expect them to go.

See Amazon’s selection of “green” toys

What about Melissa and Doug? I asked parents on the BC Facebook page whether they considered M&D an eco-friendly brand and got a mixed response. Because opinions were so varied, I decided to leave them off the list. You can take a look at the responses here.

What toys would you add to this list?

Comments

1. Kristina S P says:

thanks, Angie. I always LOVE your lists 🙂

2. Cara says:

Last year Amazon had very very good prices on Plan Toys. I got that garage for $21 and several other Plan Toys for very very low prices. I will have my eyes out for those deals again this year!!

3. Cara says:

Actully it was this garage – http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033ZU4YG/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details My mind is playing tricks on me. Regardless there were many Plan Toys that were around 75% off.

4. Kristan says:

My son found a marker and colored all over his Plan Parking Garage. I was pretty upset as there’s no cleaning it… but we did get a good deal at zulily. He also loves all the sprig trucks. I’m surprised you didn’t add the sprig adventure series as well.

5. lucy janson says:

Love it! Would also love a top toys made in the USA list! Thanks! Keep up the great work!

• dani says:

I would LOVE to see this too. I’m hoping to buy mostly US made toys this year – I know Step 2 and Little Tikes have several options.

6. Heidi says:

We got the Plan Toys rocking horse from Amazon last Xmas at a steep discount ($25, I think) thanks to you! My girls still love it.

7. Elizabeth C. says:

Thanks for this list! I wouldn’t have asked for it but is the type I will use most often!

8. Susana says:

Yay!! Thanks so much for this list, and keep the green suggestions coming.

Cara – when did you see Plan Toys marked down so low? I have several items I am hoping to purchase.

Finally – does anyone have a good green alternative to Matchbox cars? My 2-year-old is obsessed!