Have you ever given your child a toy you thought she’d love only to find it forgotten less than a week later? Ugh.
Welcome to the 2012 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The 13 toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the 13 toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the course of three years about which holiday toys made it to the top of the toy pile and stayed there. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Babies 6 months to 12 months:
- Shape sorters (Various. See a list of reader faves here)
- Blocks (various)
- Stacking cups (Various. See a list of reader faves here)
- Fisher-Price Rock-A -Stack and other stacking ring toys
- Elefun Busy Ball Popper
- Activity Table: Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Table, LeapFrog Learn and Groove Table or Chicco Music ‘N Play Table
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Workbench
- Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube (3rd year on the list)
- Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (2nd year on the list) and other walk / ride toys
- LeapFrog My Pal Scout / Violet (4th year on the list)
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set (2nd year on the list)
- Early Years Lil’ Shopper Play Set
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 13 to 24 months
- Baby Cheapskate’s Top Toys Week: What Makes a Good Toy?
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.