Welcome to the 2012 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The 18 toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the course of three years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Preschoolers 3 to 4 years old
- Educational Electronics: Tag Reader, LeapPad or Vtech MobiGo
- Art Supplies (crayons, Play Doh, etc.)
- Imaginext Play Sets
- My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop sets
- Vehicles: Smokey the Fire Truck, Tonka Bounce Back Racer, Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars, Sets
- Duplo / Lego
- Fisher Price DoodlePro
- Fisher-Price Trio
- Dress Up Clothes, Costumes
- Trains / Train Table (GeoTrax, etc.)
- Musical Instruments
- Floor Jigsaw Puzzles
- Play Kitchen and play food
- Plasma Car, Strider Bike, other riding toys
- Magna tiles
- Easel (Melissa and Doug, Step2, etc.)
- Kid’s Camera (Vtech, Fisher Price, etc.)
- Dollhouse: FP Loving Family Grand Doll House, etc.
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 6 to 12 months
- Baby Cheapskate’s Top Toys Week: What Makes a Good Toy?
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.