Welcome to the 2012 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records among Baby Cheapskate readers when it comes to appeal and longevity. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Kids 5 to 6 Years Old
- Art Supplies, especially drawing and craft kits
- Imaginext Play Sets and Playmobil Sets
- Trucks and Cars of any kind (Tonka, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, etc.)
- Electronic Learning Systems: Tag Reader, Innotab, LeapPad 2 or Vtech MobiGo 2, Leapster GS Explorer
- Barbie and Barbie accessories
- American Girl Doll
- Board Games (Zingo, Trouble, etc.)
- Lego and other building toys
- Magna Tiles
- Tranformers, Bakugan, Pokemon, BeyBlades other similar toys
- Bike, Plasma Car, Razor Scooter, etc.
- Board Games (Zingo, Don’t Break the Ice, Quirkle, Trouble, etc.)
- Play sets: My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Zoobles, Lalaloopsie
- Insect Lore Butterfly Pavillion
- Jigsaw puzzles (50 to 100 pc)
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2012: 6 to 12 months
- Baby Cheapskate’s Top Toys Week: What Makes a Good Toy?