We all know to expect great clearance deals next month, but there’s lots of other savings to be had, too. Here are Baby Cheapskate’s predictions for January, based on previous years’ sales.
- After-Christmas toy clearance continues through the 15th or so. Stock your gift closet with the hot toys from 2012 at rock-bottom prices.
- Read more about clothing and shoe clearance deals here. Most of the sales listed are still on. Others should start up next week.
- Look for Pediped’s Purchase for a Purpose sale some time during the first week of January at Pediped.com. We should see up to 50% off select styles.
- Piperlime’s Tag Sale should continue through week one. I expect to see another “extra 20% off” coupon code before it ends.
- I hope to see a return of Gap’s “Extra 35% off sale prices” coupon at the end of week one.
- The Children’s Place’s Monster Sale went to “Extra 50% off” at the end of week one last year. It went to “Extra 60% off” on the 11th last year. Don’t be surprised if we see free shipping with no minimum on New Years Day.
- Amazon ran a “stock up sale” for kid and baby clothing during week two last year. They also issued coupons for $10 off $50 and $20 off $100.
- Week two also brought a clearance sale at Old Navy with up to 40% off.
- OshKosh and Carters ran clearance sales during week two as well. There were also coupon codes to make the savings even better.
- Valentines Day sales should begin mid-month at photo printing and gift retailers like Shutterfly and Snapfish. Last year saw 50% off on photo cards, 20% off photo mugs and more. Look for “free Valentines Day card” deals from Shutterfly and others.
- Look for a 30% off coupon code for Gap.com and OldNavy.com just after mid month.
- The end of the month should bring a 25% off coupon for The Children’s Place.
- Target’s Baby Sale started on the 26th last year. We saw nice deals on the Graco MyRide, Britax Chaperone and more.
- Scout for great finds at thrift stores, Freecycle, and Craigslist this month. Folks like to clear clutter as the year ends, leaving lots for second-hand bargain hunters to choose from this month.
Look ahead: Those massive kiddie consignment sales at churches will start up in mid February.