As I’ve said many times before, budget savvy parents can save big bucks buying second hand. One of the newest ways to do so is through trading groups on Facebook.
I’ve included the most popular groups I can find on the list below. I can’t vouch for the activity level or membership restrictions for the closed groups, though, as one can’t see the posts without joining.
Tip: Always read and abide by group guidelines.
Brand Specific Groups
- Petunia Pickle Bottom Lover? Buy, Sell & Trade Here! 1,900+ members
- Aden + Anais Buy Sell Trade – 2900+ members
- PPB B/S/T 1,100+ members
- Ju Ju Be B/S/T 2700+ members
- The Official New and Used Gymboree Consignment (Crazy 8, Janie and Jack, and Gap allowed, too) 9,000+ members
- B/S/T Hanna Andersson Clothing *Unofficial* 450+ members
- Mini Boden Addicts 6500+ likes
- See Kai Run Addicts BST 450+ members
- Livie and Luca BST 1100+ members
- Livie and Luca Lover’s Resell 3200+ members
- Disney Boutique Clothing Resell 4500+ members
- Carters Brand Resale Group 4000+ members
- Baby Gap Resell Page 2700+ members
- New and Used Gymboree Resale 7200+ members
Clothing or Shoes Only
- Cloth Diaper Swap 19,000+ members
- Cloth Diaper Addiction Swap 1,500+ members
- Fluffswappers 7,000+ members
- FuzziBunz B/S/T 1,500+ members
- GroVia B/S/T 2,900+ members
- bumGenius B/S/T and Chat: 3,900+ members
- Buy/Sell/Trade bumGenius 9,000+ members
- B/S/T Fitteds, Flats and Prefolds 800+ members
- Cheapie Dipes 6000+ members
- Smocking Hot Mamas 15,000+ members
- Smock Brokers closed group. 1500+ members
- The Scrap Yard (scrapbooking stuff) 4,600+ members
- Lalaloopsy Buy-Sell-Trade 5,000+ members
- American Girl Dolls Resale for the USA 9,000+ members
- American Girl Buy Sell Trade 6,000+ members
There are many other groups to discover than aren’t on the list as well. To find them, try a Facebook search for b/s/t, bst, and/or baby swap. Add the name of your city and you’ll probably turn up some local groups, too. You can also turn up a bunch by Googling.
To learn more about how to save with second-hand baby items, check out my book, The Baby Cheapskate Guide to Bargains.