Welcome to part two of BC’s Best New Baby Gear posts.
Below you’ll find the most interesting new strollers and carriers hitting the market. Some came out in late 2012 and some will do so later this year. In addition to the MSRP and availablility date, I’m also including useful snippets from reviews and press releases along with links so that you can read more, see the specs, etc.
And if these prices seem especially high to you, remember than these are MSRP or list prices. Expect to be able to save 15% or more on these items within the first year they’re on the market depending on brand.
- BOB Motion (shown). $349. BOB’s first four-wheel stroller, “the MOTION’s lightweight aluminum frame represents the company’s most compact design and complements the BOB joggers as a daily stroller.” Press release. Holds kids up to 65 lbs. Available now at REI.com.
- *Quinny Yezz. $279. Holds kids up to 40 lbs.”The Quinny Yezz is the newest addition to the company’s stroller line. The umbrella-like stroller only weighs 11 pounds and comes with a carrying strap, making it great for travel.” LilSugar.com. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available in March.
- Chicco Liteway Plus. $179.99 at Amazon. Holds kids up to 40 lbs. “The Liteway Plus functions as both an infant car seat carrier and a lightweight compact stroller offering extended use. As a carrier it offers a canopy, compact fold, and “click” ICS attachment. As a stroller it offers a full recline, adjustable leg rest, and parent cup holder.” ChildrensProductNews.com. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available now. Chicco is also debuting the Echo, which runs $99.99 and holds kids up to 40 lbs. It’s available at Target.
- Baby Jogger Summit x3. $429 ($649 double). “Wider and taller than its predecessor, the stroller features more headroom for older tots. It also has a remote swivel wheel lock” LilSugar.com. Available in May.
- Mountain Buggy Mini. $349.99. “Ultra Lightweight, Ultra slim single hand fast fold stroller… Perfect for city parents on the go, you can quickly fold it and stand it up (because it stays!) when on public transportation or to store it at your home. It’s full-size tires make navigating the city a cinch and its full swivel front wheel is designed for city focused maneuverability.” Bump Club Chicago via ABCLocal. Available now.
- Valco Zee. $329.99. Holds kids up to 45 lbs. “The Zee is not only much more durable than you’d think, it’s 18 lbs and 21 inches wide—which means it’s about 2-3 inches more narrow than many strollers in its class. The fold is AMAZING and I can actually remove the wheels and store it on a shelf in my closet” BabyGuyGearGuide.com. Available now.
- Ergobaby Stowaway travel carrier. $115. “The Stowaway Carrier is compact and lightweight and can fold into itself as a pouch that is easy to take everywhere you go. “ThriftyandChicMom.com. Availble now.
- Ergobaby Urban Chic travel carrier. $115. “More masculine and tailored than its typical carrier, it is made from recycled plastic” LilSugar.com. Available now.
- JJCole Agility Wrap. Around $50. Stretch carrier, eliminates the worry of a traditional wrap with its unique back panel design that distributes baby’s weight evenly with multiple secure and comfortable carrying positions. Press release. Release date unknown.
- JJCole Medley Carrier. Around $90. Three-position infant carrier cradles baby in an ergonomic hug that is best for baby’s hip position. Features easy-adjust buckles, thick straps and seat extender. Press release. Release date unknown.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.