Welcome to part 3 of the Best New Baby Gear posts. This time you’ll find a miscellany of the most interesting new gear hitting the market–boosters, breast pumps and more.
Some of the items on the list below came out in late 2012 and some will do so later this year. In addition to the MSRP and availablility date, I’m also including useful snippets from reviews and press releases along with links so that you can read more, see the specs, etc.
- 4Moms Breeze Playard/Travel Crib. $299.99. “Unlike other portable cribs on the market, the Breeze doesn’t require fussing with any locks and is literally a one-step open and shut method.” ProjectNursery.com. Available now.
- BabyBjorn Harmony Cradle. $349.95. “bounces based on baby’s movements. Its mesh fabric and deep sides are all designed to help keep baby safe”. LilSugar.com. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available now.
- BabyBjorn booster (shown, right). $79.95. “The seat features a non-slip strap and mini pads, and a two-stage safety lock to prevent a child from releasing the booster when it is strapped to a chair. The seat is equipped with a practical handle, making it ideal to take along for traveling or to restaurants. The smooth surface also makes clean-up easy. PVC, BPA and phthalate free.” ToyDirectory.com. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available now.
- Bumbo booster. $39.99. “The Bumbo Booster Seat features the same comfortable and easy-to-clean low density foam construction as the popular Bumbo Floor Seat. A three-point harness and adjustable straps on the bottom that attach to most standard four-legged chairs create a comfy and secure booster seat for the dinner table.)” Press release. Available now.
- Lansinoh Affinity Pro Pump. $139.99. ” The pump parts are super easy to assemble, the bottle stands are so stable, and the 5 oz. bottles can comfortably be held across your chest with one hand or two or placed inside a pumping bra. The Affinity Pro pump’s base unit can be run on batteries or AC adapter and features a timer… Suction and speed levels are all easily adjusted using the buttons on the pump’s base.” PlaydateCrashers.com. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available now.
- The First Years Breastflow Memory Pump Double Breast Pump. $179.99 “Features an easy-to-use digital touch screen that automatically tracks and stores data for up to 10 sessions.” Press release. JPMA Innovation Award winner. Available now.
- Boon Fresh Baby Changing Station. $79.99. “A soft changing station designed to stay put with integrated overhead toy hook to keep baby’s hands up and out of the way.” Press release. Available at the end of February.
- Keekaroo Peanut Diaper Changer (shown, above). $92.95. “Squishy, nonslip changing pad can used on a dresser top or changing table (no hardware required) and the anti-microbial surface wipes clean.” FitPregnancy. Available now.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.