Welcome to the 2013 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up. There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records among Baby Cheapskate readers when it comes to appeal and longevity. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it. Most Loved Toys for Kids 5 to 6 Years Old
- Art Supplies, especially drawing and craft kits
- Imaginext Play Sets and Playmobil Sets
- Trucks and Cars of any kind (Tonka, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, etc.)
- Electronic Learning Systems: Innotab 3, LeapPad 2 or Vtech MobiGo 2 Touch, Leapster GS Explorer. Tablets like the Kindle Fire earned a mention, too.
- Barbie and Barbie accessories
- American Girl Doll
- Lego and other building toys
- Magnetic building sets: Magformers, GeoMag, Magna Tiles
- Tranformers, Bakugan, Pokemon, BeyBlades other similar toys
- Bike, Plasma Car, Razor Scooter, etc.
- Board Games (Zingo, Don’t Break the Ice, Quirkle, Trouble, etc.)
- Play sets: My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Zoobles, Lalaloopsy, Calico Crittters
- Jigsaw puzzles (50 to 100 pc)
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 12 months
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.