Welcome to the 2013 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the course of three years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Preschoolers 3 to 4 years old
- Electronic Learning Systems: Innotab 3, LeapPad 2 or Vtech MobiGo 2 Touch, Leapster GS Explorer (older end of ange range), Nabi 2.
- Art Supplies (crayons, Play Doh, etc.)
- Imaginext Play Sets
- My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop sets
- Little People Sets (younger end of age range). Zoo and House are faves.
- Vehicles: Fisher-Price Shake & Go, Smokey the Fire Truck, Tonka Bounce Back Racer, Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars, Sets
- Duplo / Lego
- Dress Up Clothes, Costumes
- Trains / Train Table (GeoTrax, etc.)
- Musical Instruments
- Floor Jigsaw Puzzles
- Play Kitchen and play food
- Plasma Car, Strider Bike, other riding toys
- Magnetic building sets: Magformers, GeoMag, Magna Tiles
- Easel (Melissa and Doug, Step2, IKEA, etc.)
- Kid’s Camera (Vtech KIDZOOM Connect, Playskool Showcam, Fisher Price Kid-Tough, etc.)
- Dollhouse: FP Loving Family Grand Doll House, etc.
- Mini trampoline (Galt, for example)
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 12 months