Welcome to the 2013 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the course of three years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Toddlers 25 months to 36 months:
- Duplo, other building sets
- Mini trampoline (Galt, for example)
- Cardboard playhouse (Discovery Kids, for example)
- LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
- Trains / Train Table (GeoTrax, wooden train sets, etc.)
- Cars and Trucks (Green Toys Recycling Truck, etc.)
- Musical Instruments (Melissa and Doug Band in a Box, for example)
- Play Kitchen and play food
- Little People Sets and Weebles Sets
- Fisher-Price Wheelies Loops ‘n Swoops Amusement Park
- Art Supplies (crayons, Play Doh, etc.)
- Sticker books
- Dollhouse (FP My First Dollhouse, etc.)
- Doll (Bitty Baby, Corolle, Disney Princess Toddler Doll,etc.)
- Doll Stroller
- Toy Shopping Carts (Melissa and Doug, etc.)
- Toy Vacuum
- “Market” or grocery store toys
- Simple Jigsaw Puzzles, other puzzles
- Tricycle or Walking Bike: Strider, Radio Flyer, others
Tip: To save, try to find these second-hand via Craigslist, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. Inspect them carefully and check for recalls.
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 12 months
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.