Welcome to the 2013 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The twelve toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the past few years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Babies 13 months to 24 months:
- Play Kitchen and play food
- Activity Table: Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Table or LeapFrog Learn and Groove Table
- Trains (wooden— Thomas, Chuggington, etc.) and Train Table
- Musical Instruments
- Little People Sets: Zoo Talkers is a popular one.
- Weebles Sets: Treehouse is a popular one.
- LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
- Toy Shopping Carts (Melissa and Doug, etc.)
- Mega Bloks, Duplo, other building sets
- Play Houses (Step 2, Little Tikes, etc.)
- Wooden Puzzles
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Workbench
- Fisher-Price Wheelies Loops ‘n Swoops Amusement Park
- Little Tikes Activity Garden
- Play Silks
- Toy Vacuum
- “Market” or grocery store toys
- Gund My First Doll and other “first dolls” (FP, Corolle, Melissa and Doug etc.)
- Doll Stroller
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (other ride-ons, too: Wheelybug, Step 2 Up & Down Roller coaster, etc)
Tip: To save, try to find these second-hand via Craigslist, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. Inspect them carefully and check for recalls.
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 25 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2013: 6 to 12 months
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.