Welcome to the 2016 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to more than half a dozen polls posted thrice yearly over the past few years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Babies 13 months to 24 months:
- Play Kitchen and play food
- “Market” or grocery store toys
- Activity Table: Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Table or LeapFrog Learn and Groove Table
- Trains (wooden— Thomas, Chuggington, etc.) and Train Table. The VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Playset is also a popular choice
- Musical Instruments
- Little People Sets: Animal Friends Farm, Surprise & Sounds Home, and Big Animal Zoo are popular ones.
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
- Toy Shopping Carts (Melissa and Doug, Little Tikes, etc.)
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Crawl Around Car
- Little Tikes Activity Garden
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Home
- Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Sit, Stride & Ride Lion
- Alphabet Blocks (Uncle Goose, Melissa and Doug, others)
- Mega Bloks, Duplo, other chunky building sets. I love this new Mega Bloks First Builders Lunch Box Market Building Set
- Play Houses (Step 2, Little Tikes, etc.)
- Wooden Puzzles
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Workbench
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen
- Fisher-Price Wheelies Loops ‘n Swoops Amusement Park
- Activity cubes and bead mazes
- Toy Vacuum and other “cleaning” toys
- Toy Lawnmower
- Green Toys vehicles and other “chunky” toy cars and trucks
- “First” Dolls: Gund My First Doll, Baby Stella and others (FP, Corolle, Melissa and Doug etc.)
- Doll Stroller (doll crib, doll high chair and other accessories are popular, too)
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (other ride-ons, too: Wheelybug, Step 2 Up & Down Roller coaster, Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe, YBike, etc)
Tip: To save, try to find these second-hand via Craigslist, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. Inspect them carefully and check for recalls.
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 24 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 12 Months
- Updated! 50+ Fab Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids [That Aren’t Candy]
- Toys: How to Tell the Winners from the Duds [Infographic]
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.