Welcome to the 2016 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records. Hundreds of Baby Cheapskate readers have responded to polls posted thrice yearly over the course of six years about which holiday toys their kids are still playing with. I’ve pored through the responses to compile this list. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Preschoolers 3 to 4 years old
- Kids’ Tablet: Kindle Fire Kids Edition and others
- Art Supplies (crayons, Play Doh, etc.)
- Imaginext Play Sets, Playskool Heroes, other action figure play sets.
- Play Sets: My Little Pony, Calico Critters, Octonauts, More
- Little People Sets (younger end of age range). Animal Friends Farm, Surprise & Sounds Home, and Big Animal Zoo are faves.
- Doctors / Veterinary Sets
- Vehicles: Fisher-Price Shake & Go, Tonka, Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars, Paw Patrol Sets
- VTech Smart Wheels sets
- Duplo / Lego
- Bristle Blocks
- Dress Up Clothes, Costumes
- Trains / Train Table
- Musical Instruments: Melissa and Doug Piano, for example.
- Floor Jigsaw Puzzles (Melissa and Doug, etc.)
- Play Kitchen and play food
- Plasma Car, Strider Bike, other riding toys
- Magnetic building sets: Magformers, Magna Tiles, Tegu, etc.
- Easel (Melissa and Doug, Step2, IKEA, etc.)
- Kid’s Camera or Videocamera (Vtech Kidizoom Duo, Kidizoom Action Cam, etc.)
- Dollhouse: FP Loving Family Doll House, etc.
- Dolls: Disney Toddler Dolls, Bitty Baby, etc.
- Mini trampoline (Galt, for example)
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 24 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 12 Months
- Updated! 50+ Fab Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids [That Aren’t Candy]
- Toys: How to Tell the Winners from the Duds [Infographic]
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.