Welcome to the 2016 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists. The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records among Baby Cheapskate readers when it comes to appeal and longevity. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Kids 5 to 6 Years Old
*All-Star toys are toys that often see active play for MORE than a year. Read more about them here.
- Art Supplies, especially drawing and craft kits
- Imaginext Play Sets and Playmobil Sets
- Trucks and Cars of any kind (Tonka, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, Bruder, etc.)
- Kids’ Tablet: Kindle Fire Kids Edition and others
- Dolls: American Girl Doll, Barbie and Barbie accessories, Disney Princess, etc.
- Dress Up Clothes, Costumes
- Dollhouse: Barbie Dreamhouse, KidKraft, Frozen Ice Castle, etc.
- Disney Princess Magiclip dolls
- Lego , Zoob, and other building toys
- Magnetic building sets: Magformers, Magna Tiles, Tegu, etc.
- Tranformers, Bakugan, other similar figures
- Bike, Plasma Car, Razor Scooter, etc.
- Board Games (Zingo, Don’t Break the Ice, Quirkle, Trouble, etc.)
- Play sets: My Little Pony, Flipsies, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Lalaloopsy, Calico Crittters, Lil’ Woodzees, Shopkins, Paw Patrol, etc.
- Playskool Heroes (Transformers, Star Wars, Superheroes) and other action figures/superhero toys.
- Jigsaw puzzles (50 to 100 pc)
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 24 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 12 Months
- Updated! 50+ Fab Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids [That Aren’t Candy]
- Toys: How to Tell the Winners from the Duds [Infographic]
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.