Welcome to the 2016 updates of Baby Cheapskate’s “Toys That Get Played With” lists.
The toys on this list are here for one reason and one reason alone – because kids love them and continue to play with them long after the holiday decor is boxed up.
There’s no one toy that every kid likes, but the toys on the list have proven track records among Baby Cheapskate readers when it comes to appeal and longevity. Each toy is linked to its listing on Amazon so that you can learn more about it.
Most Loved Toys for Kids 6 to 7 Years Old
- Art Supplies, especially drawing and craft kits
- Imaginext Play Sets and Playmobil Sets
- Marble Run
- Magnetic building sets: Magformers, Magna Tiles, Tegu, etc.
- Trucks and Cars of any kind (Tonka, Bruder, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, etc.)
- Kids’ Tablet: Kindle Fire Kids Edition and others
- Dolls: American Girl Doll, Barbie and Barbie accessories, Monster High, Ever After High. etc.
- Dress Up Clothes, Costumes (esp. younger end of age range)
- Keyboard and other musical instruments
- Schleich animals, Breyer horses and other toy animals.
- Board games: Quirkle, Blokus, Battleship, etc.
- Nerf guns
- Lego, Zoob , and other building toys
- Tranformers, Bakugan, other similar figures
- Bike, Plasma Car, Razor Scooter, etc
- Perplexus Rookie, other brain-teaser puzzles
- Play sets: My Little Pony, Flipsies, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, Lalaloopsy, Calico Crittters, Lil’ Woodzees, Shopkins, Paw Patrol, etc
- Jigsaw puzzles (100 to 300 pc)
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 7 to 8 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 7 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 5 to 6 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 4 to 5 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 3 to 4 Years
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 24 to 36 Months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 13 to 24 months
- Toys That Get Played With 2016: 6 to 12 Months
- Updated! 50+ Fab Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids [That Aren’t Candy]
- Toys: How to Tell the Winners from the Duds [Infographic]
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.