You can save tons on baby gear by snapping up items second hand via yard sales, consignment sales and stores, etc. One of parents’ favorite ways to do that is through their local Craigslist boards.
Here are five popular baby gear items currently listed on Craigslist boards around the country. Each of them is listed at 45% off or more off the price of the item new.
- Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker: $15 (Atlanta)
- BOB Revolution. 2010 model. Rarely used: $180 (Ventura CA)
- Baby Jogger City Mini. Like New: $120 (New York City)
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo: $25 (Fayetteville NC)
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Take Along Swing: $20 (Corpus Christi TX)
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care Booster Seat: $15 (Seattle/Tacoma WA)
Tips for shopping on Craigslist
- Always check for recalls before you head out.
- Check items carefully for safety before you buy.
- My two favorite ways to search Craigslist are Craiggers.com and CraigsEasy.com.
- Arrange to meet the seller in a public place or take a friend with you.
What can you find on your local Craigslist board? What’s the best bargain you ever scored via Craigslist?