Ever feel like you’re overwhelmed when it comes to car seat safety? You’re not alone!
There are lots of great sites, pages and groups out there to help parents understand the what, how and why of car seat safety. We’ve collected over a dozen of them here.
NOTE: None of these sites, pages or groups is a substitute for having your car seat checked IRL by a CPST. Find an inspection station here.
- Car-Seat.org: The internet’s go-to site on car seats–new models, safety, and more.
- SaferCar.Org: Run by the NHTSA
- HealthyChildren.org: Run by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety): Booster Seat best bets and info on choosing the right type of seat
- CPSafety: an online passenger safety resource
- CafeMom Car Seat Safety Group: a group :devoted to helping you keep your child safe in the car
- The Car Seat Lady: Popular page run by ”a pediatrician, nurse & new mom with 40+ years & 20,000+ car seat installations combined experience”
- Extended Rear Facing Movement: Promotes proper car seat safety and the benefits of Extended Rear-Facing
- Car Seats for the Littles: Vehicle crashes are the #1 cause of death for children. This page’s mission is to change that.
- Dear MTV: Care About Car Seats Inspired by improper car seat use on MTV’s Teen Mom & 16 and Pregnant
- Car Seats for the Littles Group: Large group. Created to “provide a central location for moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, caretakers, and anyone else who takes care of or just loves children to stay informed about car seat safety.”
- Car Seat Safety: Open group. “A community for people who have questions about their car seats or need help to find an appropriate seat for their child(ren). CPSTs, CRST and knowledgeable, passionate carseat lovers are here to help”
- South Florida Car Seat Moms: A closed group run by our very own FB admin and CPST, Nava.
Thanks to Nava for helping gather these great resources.
Know of any other great sites, pages or groups focused on car seat safety? Let us know in the comments!