How have costume prices changed since last week’s roundup? Read on and find out:
I’ve listed prices on a couple of popular costumes–Captain America (by Disguise, Inc.) and Lil’ Mermaid (by California Costumes)– at nine retailers so that you can compare deals and prices. Note: prices listed below are before coupon (where applicable).
- New toddler costumes cost anywhere from $10 to $50.
- We’ll see the most clearance prices in mid October, though selection is better now.
- Costumes at stores like Walmart, Target, and Amazon and the specialty stores are made by only a few manufacturers, like Morris, Rubies, Fun World and Seasons. That means you can compare prices easily.
- As always, check for coupons and watch shipping costs before you buy.
Discount Department Stores
Target (good selection) Current deal: Up to 40% off Halloween costumes.
Amazon (really good selection)
Walmart.com Current deal: Free shipping on orders of $50 or more or free pickup in-store.
- Captain America (infant/toddler):Exact costume is unavailable at Walmart.com. “Classic Muscle” version for boys is $27.99.
- Toddler/Girl Lil’ Mermaid: $34.99
Kohls.com Current deal: 15% off costumes with coupon code TRICK15
Costume Specialty Stores
BuyCostumes.com Current deal: 20% off with code TWENTYBC
CostumeSupercenter.com Current deal: 20% off with code X20
- Captain America (infant/toddler): Exact costume is unavailable
- Toddler/Girl Lil’ Mermaid: $23.99 for size 4-6
HalloweenExpress.com Current deal: $10 off orders of $40 or more with code RMN1040
Party City Current deal: 20% off orders of $60+ with code SAVENOW20
- Captain America (infant/toddler): Exact costume is unavailable. “Classic Muscle” costume for boys is $29.99.
- Toddler/Girl Lil’ Mermaid: $24.99
Oriental Trading Company Current deal: $5 off $59+ purchase and free standard shipping with code CE144576
The verdict? The early discounts have ended, and the deeper discounts just haven’t started yet. We’re starting to see availability issues. If you really want to save, and you’re not nervous about a particular costume going out of stock, wait until next week to buy. I’ll be posting a new roundup next Wednesday!
Have any Halloween shopping tips? Be sure to share them in the comments.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.