We’ve talked about which toys have proven track records. Now it’s time to figure out the “Buy Price” for the toys on the lists.
Typically, you can expect toys to go to about 40% off list price around the holidays. Not all of them will, though. Some will only go as low as about 20% off, and the hottest and newest toys may be in such high demand that they don’t go on sale much at all.
Tracking past sales and price histories allow us to estimate the price a smart shopper should pay for these toys. Could the price go lower? Sure. Whether you wait to see if it does depends on your tolerance for risk.
Here’s the list for kids 3 and up. If you missed the post for littler kids, you can see it here. The links go to Amazon so that you can learn more and read reviews.
Note: The first price is the list price and the second is the recommended “Buy-It-Now” price.
These “Buy It Now” prices are what I consider “very good” prices on the item. They’re the best sale prices you can expect to find fairly regularly, based on records of previous sales. Don’t confuse these with the “lowest price ever” price or even the current price. You can beat this price if you happen onto a unusually great sale.
- Disney Princess Royal Dreams Castle: 3+ years. ($100 / $70)
- Magformers Creator Magic Pop Set (25-pieces): 3+ years. ($60 / $35)
- Num Noms Lip Gloss Truck Craft Kit: 3+years. ($33 / $23)
- Shopkins Happy Places Happy Home: 3+years. ($35 / $21)
- Just Play Doc McStuffins Hospital Care Cart: 3-6 years. ($50/ $35)
- VTech Touch & Learn Activity Desk: 3-6 years. ($50 / $35)
- Lion Guard Training Lair Playset: 3-6 years. ($60 / $35)
- Imaginext Ultra Ice Dino: 3-8 years. ($100/ $70)
- Fisher-Price Think & Learn Code-a-Pillar: 3-8 years. ($50 / $35)
- Imaginext Shark Bite Pirate Ship: 3-8 years. ($50 / $35)
- Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Super Hero Flight City: 3-8years. ($80 / $56)
- Paw Patrol Paw Terrain Vehicle: 3-8 years. ($40 / $28)
- Melissa & Doug’s Chef’s Kitchen, Charcoal: 3-8 years. ($180 / $126)
- Paw Patrol Monkey Temple: 3-8 years. ($50 / $35)
- KidKraft Classic Kitchenette – White Playset: 3-8 years. ($60 / $42)
- Fur Real Friends Torch My Blazing Dragon: 4+ years. ($80 / $52)
- Matchbox Elite Rescue Squid Marine Boat: 4-8 years. ($40 / $28)
- My Mini MixieQ’s Apartment Playset: 4-8 years. ($15 / $10.49)
- Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage: 5-15 years. ($99 / $70)
- Hot Wheels Cris Cross Crash Set: 5-15 years. ($45 / $31.49)
- Pottery Cool Studio: 6-8 years. ($40 / $24)
- Lego Friends Roller Coaster: 8-12 years. ($100 / $80)
- Mega Bloks American Girl Grace’s 2-in-1 Buildable Home: 8-12 years. ($70 / $48)
Think any of these “Buy” prices are out of line? Let me know!
- “Buy it Now” Prices for 40 Top Toys [Part 1 – Little Kids]
- See all the Toys That Get Played with Lists
- See more more Buy-it-Now prices
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.