We all know to expect great clearance deals next month, but there’s lots of other savings to be had, too. Here are Baby Cheapskate’s predictions for January, based on previous years’ sales.
- Watch for special deals on January 1 that will make clearance deals even better. Last year Disney Store had free shipping with no minimum to go along with their Twice Upon a Year Sale, for example. 6pm.com also did a one-day sale on January 1.
- Photo deals continue through the first part of the month as Shutterfly, Snapfish, et al cash on on all those holiday photos. Last year Shutterfly offered 101 free prints on the 4th.
- After-Christmas toy clearance continues through the 15th or so. Stock your gift closet with the hot toys from 2014 at rock-bottom prices.
- Read more about clothing and shoe clearance deals here. Most of the sales listed are still on. Others should start up next week. Look for bonus deals on MLK Jr. Day.
- Look for Pediped’s semi-annual sale during first week of January at Pediped.com (last year I told you about it on the third). We should see up to 50% off select styles.
- We should see good coupon codes from Old Navy and Gap at the end of week one and later in the month as well.
- The Children’s Place’s Monster Sale went to “Extra 50% off” at the end of week one last year. It went to “Extra 60% off” several days later. Don’t be surprised if we see free shipping with no minimum on New Years Day.
- OshKosh and Carters ran clearance sales during week two as well. There were also coupon codes to make the savings even better.
- Petunia Pickle Bottom‘s outlet sale started on the 13th last year.
- Look for Target to have toy clearance at 70% off some time between the 15th and the 21st or so.
- JJCole’s warehouse sale started just after mid month last year and ran through the 21st. Readers saved up to 70% on diaper bags and more.
- Valentines Day sales should begin mid-month at photo printing and gift retailers like Shutterfly and Snapfish. Last year saw 50% off on photo cards, 20% off photo mugs and more. Look for “free Valentines Day card” deals from Shutterfly and others.
- Look for a 30% off coupon code for Gap.com and OldNavy.com just after mid month.
- Disney Store, Pottery Barn Kids, and a few other retailers offered free shipping on MLK day last year.
- Readers found good deals on shoes during 6pm.com’s MLK day sale.
- See Kai Run ran a winter clearance sale on the 24th last year with 50% off over 100 styles.
- Gap.com issued an “extra 50% off sale styles” coupon near the end of the month last year.
- Scout for great finds at thrift stores, Freecycle, and Craigslist this month. Folks like to clear clutter as the year ends, leaving lots for second-hand bargain hunters to choose from this month.
Look ahead: Those massive kiddie consignment sales at churches will start up in mid February.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.