Aah, March… Also known as the month when winter finally shows itself the door. At least here in the south, that is. It’s a month when we see quite a few bargains, too, as stores start to really push warm weather clothing. Here are the sales, deals, and coupons to look out for this month.
This list is based on previous years’ bargains. While there’s no guarantee that we’ll see these, I find that stores are pretty consistent from year to year.
March brings showers of consignment sales hosted by churches, neighborhoods and other organizations. This is peak consignment sale time, so be sure to check for sales near you in your local paper or at The Bargain Watcher, KidsConsignmentSales.com or ConsignmentMommies.com. In Georgia, where I am, for example, there are about 75 consignment sales listed for March. Consignment sales will taper off toward the end of April and start up again around the first of August for fall and winter goods.
- Sell your spring and summer apparel at local kiddie consignment stores.
- 6pm.com ran a Spring Cleaning Sale during the first days of March last year with great deals on shoes. Watch for another sale from them on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Old Navy and Gap released 30% off coupon codes during week one last year.
- Shutterfly ran a 10-free-cards deal at the start of week 2 last year.
- Look for anniversary/birthday sales or incentives at Shoes.com this month. Last year they had 25% off sale shoes during week two.
- OshKosh ran a BOGO free shoes deal during week two last year.
- Crazy 8 ran a Friends and Family sale with 30% off just before mid month last year.
- Look for penny prints at Snapfish around mid month.
- Walgreens gave customers a free photo enlargement during week 3 last year.
- Several stores–Gymboree, Crazy 8 and others–will run St. Patrick’s Day sales around the 17th.
- Cross your fingers and hope for a return of Amazon Mom’s Expecting Moms Sales Event. Last year we saw an extra 20% off select items starting around the 17th. We also saw a 25% discount on your first Subscribe & Save purchase starting around the 19th.
- Stride Rite‘s BOGO 50% off shoe sale started around the 19th last year.
- Watch for a free photo book offer from Shutterfly near the start of week 4.
- Target had 50% off more than 50 toys around the start of week 4 last year.
- The Children’s Place ran a Friends and Family Sale with 30% off your purchase starting around the 21st.
- Look for Nordstrom’s Spring Sale to start around week four. Last year I told you about it on the 28th. We should see some nice deals on kids’ shoes.
- We should see several Friends and Family and Spring Sales starting during the final week of the month, too. Watch for them at LOFT (40% off), Lands’ End, and elsewhere.
- Target’s BOGO 50% off clothing and shoe sale ran during the final week of the month last year.
- Look for a Spring Break Sale at Old Navy during the final week of the month. We typically see some great deals on baby clothes during this sale.
- Sales on outdoor play equipment to begin this month. Look for bargains on swings, basketball goals, etc. from Toys R Us, Target and other retailers.
- Look for a shower of high value coupons from top retailers as we near April. Last year we saw them from Carters, Children’s Place, Kohls and more.
Keep an eye out for these sales and deals, readers, and let me know when you see ‘em.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.