Here are some of the bargains I expect to see this June including LOTS of clearance and semi-annual sales.
- Yard sales continue, peaking in many areas when the temp hits about 80 degrees.
- Last-minute Father’s Day Deals: Expect some great in-store sales on all those typical “man gifts” (ties, sports equipment, etc). Look for great photo gift deals, too. Target ran a BOGO 50% off sale on mens’ clothes around the first of the month, for example, and Shutterfly released a high-value coupon at the end of week one.
- Semiannual sales, friends and family sales, and clearance sales start around the end of week one and last for one to two weeks each. Look for them at the following retailers (dates subject to change)
- Gymboree (week 1)
- Crazy8 (week 1)
- DisneyStore.com (week 1)
- The Children’s Place (week 2)
- Stride Rite (week 2)
- Crocs.com (week 2/3)
- Tea Collection (week 3)
- Pediped (week 4)
- Watch for deals on balance bikes and other ride ons at flash-sale sites like Zulily
- Watch for deals on Fisher-Price toys at Fisher-Price store around the beginning of the month.
- Kohl’s held a Friends and Family sale at the end of week one last year as well.
- Gap’s Kid and Baby sale should kick off some time during the first week of June. Expect up to 40% off.
- JCPenney ran its Friend & Family sale during the second week of the month with 25% off.
- Look for 20% to 50% off in Target‘s kids apparel department throughout the month, with the best bargains toward the end of June.
- Mattel ran a big sale around mid month last year with up to 50% off Barbie, Hot Wheels and more.
- I was excited to see a flash sale from Stride Rite at mid-month last year. Select styles were $19.99.
- 4th of July Sales will start during the final week of the month. Look for them at Gap, Gymboree, Carters, Pottery Barn Kids Snapfish and many other stores.
- Believe it or not, we’ll see some great deals on school uniforms starting around the end of the month. Last year Target had BOGO 60% off.
- Clearance on outdoor and pool toys begins in earnest as retailers itch to make room for the back-to-school stuff. Look for 50% off and more, with the best deals showing up as we near July.
- Krispy Kreme historically gives away a free donut on National Donut Day! This year it’s on Friday, June 3. Dunkin’ Donuts is in on the free donut action this year, too!
- Dads get in free on Fathers Day at many zoos nationwide. Check your local zoo’s website to see if yours is included.
- Take part in the Great American Backyard Campout on June 25. It’s sponsored by the National Wildlife Federation.
Heads Up: Look for fall apparel to arrive in stores after July 4 (ugh. I know). That means summer clearance in earnest with discounts above 50%.
Note: BC Predicts information is based on previous years’ sales. Stores and brands don’t always repeat their sales, but they very often do.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.