I love September! From Labor Day sales (get it, “labor”?) to baby proofing and car seat deals for Baby Safety Month and Child Passenger Safety Month, you’ll find some of the year’s best discounts on baby gear this month. Here’s what I expect to see this month, based on sales we saw in previous years.
Labor Day Sales
Labor Day is next Monday, and we’ve already seen a few sales start. See them all here.
- Fall Clearance! Week two brought an extra 25% off sale section toys and gear at Fisher-Price Store.
- We often see deals on Fisher-Price toys mid-month. Target issued a bunch of coupons around the 15th last year,
- Watch for a Fisher-Price daily deal along with lots of FP Lightning Deals at Amazon during the last half of the month.
Baby Sales and Other September Sales
- We should see a free prints deal from Shutterfly within the next week.
- Amazon’s September Baby Sale kicked off on September first last year and lasted all month. The retail giant offered shoppers savings of 20% to 60% on clothing, gear, toys and more.
- We’ll be starting to see discounts on Halloween costumes very soon (yep, already!). The end of week one last year brought 60% off Halloween costumes at Carter’s online.
- Kohls got in on the baby sale action at the end of week one last year, too. In the past they’ve offered $10 off a $30 baby purchase. Watch for a concurrent Anniversary Sale, too.
- Keep an eye out for a baby sale at Amazon some time during the first half of the month.. Last year around mid-month we saw a coupon for an extra 20% off.
- The ToysRUs/BabiesRUs Car Seat Trade Up event started on September 10 last year. If they run it again, expect 25% off a regular-priced new car seat or travel system when you trade up a used one (30% off if you use a TRU or BRU credit card).
- Gap’s Baby Sale started around the beginning of week two last year. Save up to 40% on jeans, long-sleeved tees and more. The sale should run for about a week. At some point during the sale we should see a coupon for extra kid and baby savings.
- Snapfish had penny prints around the 8th last year.
- Watch for 40% off Halloween costumes during week two at Gymboree.
- Watch for Chicco baby gear deals after mid-month. We’ve seen them at AlbeeBaby.com, Amazon, and other retailers.
- Diapers.com typically runs their 25% off site-wide sale in mid September.
- Don’t miss Old Navy’s Baby Sale around the start of of week three. Everything for baby wasup to 50% off.
- Kohls’ Friends and Family sale usually starts just after mid-month. Expect 20% off.
- Target had 30% off Halloween costumes during week 3 last year.
- We saw deal for 10 free cards at Shutterfly last year just after the 25th.
Have you noticed that all the online retailers have their Halloween costumes up? Are you wondering if you should buy now? The answer is no, unless there’s something super particular you want and you’re afraid to miss out.
Expect discounting on Halloween costumes to begin around the first of October. It will start at 25% to 30% off and increase weekly. In the meantime, check out this post: Finding Scary-Good Deals on Second Hand Halloween Costumes
- Consignment sales continue (see listings here). Garage sales pick up as the weather cools off.
- Believe it or not, we should see the first Black Friday ad sneak peeks at the end of the month.
Do you know of any more great sales in September? Let us know in the comments.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.