Are you ready for this?
Stores are already ramping up for your holiday dollars. Sales are running a few days earlier this year than last year, perhaps, but no extreme deviations so far. A few stores have already released their Black Friday circulars, and we’ll see lots more next week and the week after.
Keep in mind that Black Friday is late this year. I think that means we’ll see sales start earlier. Look for a some big ones at the first of the month and at Veterans Day weekend.
The important thing to remember is that although sales will be good before Black Friday, they will most likely be as good or better on BF and in December. There’s no no need to rush through your shopping in fear that you’ll miss a deal. The exception? Photo gifts and other custom items. You’ll find the best deals on them during the second half of this month.
I’ll be bringing you lots of money-saving shopping tips and sharing tons of deals and coupons this month, so don’t worry about missing a thing.
- Watch for Amazon to roll out its Black Friday page soon. Last year they ran a “Countdown to Black Friday Sale.” Daily Lightning Deals on toys have already begun.
- Free holiday card deals continue. Watch for them at Tiny Prints and other retailers.
- Look for a 30% off coupon code for Gymboree to appear during week one. They’ve released one for the past four years. We should also see one for about 20% off at Crazy 8.
- Baby gear closeout deals continue as stores try to clear out last year’s models. Look for big discounts from Fisher Price, Graco and more at various retailers. Expect 30% to 50% off.
- Look out for “friends and family” coupons to the tune of 20% to 30% off your purchase. Keep an eye on Gap brands, Disney, Crazy 8, Kmart, Lands End and Sears.
- Outerwear should go to 50% off at Old Navy starting the second weekend of the month, if not slightly before.
- Watch for more Veterans Day sales at Step2.com, Stride Rite, Carters and Oshkosh, Kohls, JCPenney, Kmart, and 6pm.com. As I mentioned earlier, I think Veteran’s Day will be huge sale-wise this year.
- The Babies R Us / Toys R Us Veterans Day sale typically offers some coupons and deals. I’ll post ‘em when I see ‘em.
- Fisher-Price had $10 toys on the 12th last year.
- Expect several good coupon codes for shoes from retailers like Shoes.com, Shoebuy.com, and more. We’ve seen $20 off $50, 20% off, and others. Last year Piperlime ran a one-day 20% off coupon during week 2. Stride Rite ran a BOGO 50% off sale around then, too.
- Look for some good deals on photo gifts and cards this week. Expect at least 25% off. Last year Shutterfly had cards 40% off during week two. Snapfish went 50% off site wide around the 14th last year.
- If you’re in the market for a Cozy Coupe, Little Tikes had them 50% off last year for a few hours at their site on 11/11. You may want to sign up for emails to notified if a similar deal pops up this year.
- The quiet before the storm. Many stores and sites will actually start their sales before Thanksgiving.
- Target had BOGO 50% off clothing and shoes during week three last year. They also ran a 4-day sale at the end of week three last year with deals on Fisher-Price toys, Vtech toys, formula and more.
- Carters and OshKosh ran 50% off site-wide sales during week three last year.
- Watch for high value coupon codes at Old Navy and Gap.
- Black Friday is 11/29 and Cyber Monday is 12/2. Need I say more?
- Before that, look for YoYo.com to take 30% off select toy brands during week 4.
- Shutterfly ran another free cards deal during week four last year.
Baby Cheapskate’s mission is to keep you informed of ALL the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Check back often within the next couple of weeks for the scoop.
Baby Bargain Forecasts are based on previous years’ sales, deals and coupons. Stores don’t always run the same deals each year, but they quite often do.