Are you ready for this?
Stores are already ramping up for your holiday dollars. Sales are running a few days earlier this year than last year, perhaps, but no extreme deviations so far. A few stores have already released their Black Friday circulars, and we’ll see lots more next week and the week after.
Keep in mind that Black Friday is late this year. I think that means we’ll see sales start earlier. Look for a some big ones this week and during Veterans Day Weekend.
The important thing to remember is that although sales will be good before Black Friday, they will most likely be as good on BF and in December (though the most in-demand toys may be sold out by then). There’s generally no no need to rush through your shopping in fear that you’ll miss a deal. The exception? Photo gifts and other custom items. You’ll find the best deals on them during the second half of this month.
I’ll be bringing you lots of money-saving shopping tips and sharing tons of deals and coupons this month, so don’t worry about missing a thing.
- Amazon has already rolled out its “Countdown to Black Friday Sale.” Daily Lightning Deals on toys have already begun.
- Walmart.com just kicked off their EarlyBird Online Specials.
- Last year during the first week of the month we saw an “Extra 25% off sale shoes” sale from Shoes.com.
- Free holiday card deals continue. Watch for them at Tiny Prints and other retailers.
- Nordstrom’s Semi-Annual sale started at the end of week 1 last year. We saw some great deals on kids’ shoes.
- Disney Store’s Friends and Family Sale started at the end of week 1 last year, too. Expect 25% off.
- Lands’ End ran a Friends and Family sale with 30% off at the end of week 1 as well.
- I hope we’ll see a Friends and Family sale from Gap soon, too. Last year we saw 40% off.
- Baby gear closeout deals continue as stores try to clear out last year’s models. Look for big discounts from Fisher Price, Graco and more at various retailers. Expect 30% to 50% off.
- Outerwear should go to 50% off at Old Navy starting the second weekend of the month, if not slightly before.
- Watch for more Veterans Day sales at Step2.com, Stride Rite, Carters and Oshkosh, Kohls, JCPenney, Kmart, and 6pm.com. As I mentioned earlier, I think Veteran’s Day will be huge sale-wise this year.
- The Babies R Us / Toys R Us Veterans Day sale typically offers some coupons and deals. I’ll post ‘em when I see ‘em.
- Expect several good coupon codes for shoes from retailers like Shoes.com, Shoebuy.com, and more. We’ve seen $20 off $50, 20% off, and others. Look for a BOGO 50% off sale from Stride Rite.
- Look for some good deals on photo gifts and cards this week. Expect at least 25% off. Last year Shutterfly had cards 40% off during week two. Snapfish went 50% off site wide around the 14th last year.
- The quiet before the storm. Many stores and sites will start their sales before Thanksgiving again this year.
- Target had BOGO 50% off clothing and shoes during week three last year. They also ran a 4-day sale at the end of week three last year with deals on Fisher-Price toys, Vtech toys, formula and more.
- Speaking of Fisher-Price, Fisher-Price.com ran a 20 Toys for $10 Each sale on the 15th last year. It was a one-day-only sale.
- Carters and OshKosh ran 50% off site-wide sales during week three last year.
- We saw some nice deals and free shipping from Boden during the third week of November last year, too.
- Watch for high value coupon codes at Old Navy and Gap.
- Shutterfly ran a 40% off Friends and Family sale at the end of week 3 last year.
- Black Friday is 11/28 and Cyber Monday is 12/1. Need I say more?
- Before that, look for YoYo.com to take 30% off select toy brands during week 4.
- Walmart ran a pre-Black Friday event at the beginning of week 4.
- Shutterfly ran a free calendar deal during the final week of the month last year.
- Target had 40% off jeans and sweaters for the whole family during the final days of the month last year.
Baby Cheapskate’s mission is to keep you informed of ALL the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Check back often within the next couple of weeks for the scoop.
Baby Bargain Forecasts are based on previous years’ sales, deals and coupons. Stores don’t always run the same deals each year, but they quite often do.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.