Whew! I’ve been so caught up in posting 4th of July sales and deals that I forgot to post this month’s baby bargain forecast! Better a few days late than never.
Here are some of the hot deals I expect to see in July:
- Summer clothing and shoe clearance is officially in full swing. Expect deals to continue past the July 4th sales. Shop now for best selection, though.
- Old Navy often does an “extra 20% off clearance” sale after the 4th, and Gap usually offers a high-value coupon code, too.
- Gymboree ran a coupon for an extra 20% off Red Balloon Sale items at the end of week one last year.
- Carters.com ran a BOGO free sale at mid-month last year.
- We’ll start to see more and more deals on outdoor toys as the season approaches the midpoint.
- We’ve already started to see deals on school uniforms, backpacks and lunch boxes (we go back to school here in about four weeks!). Those will continue through Labor Day with clearance on these items starting around the first of September.
- Gap had a maternity sale early in the month, and released a one-day only 30% off coupon to go with it.
- Last year on July 4th Disney Store had free shipping with no minimum to go along with the Twice Upon a Year Sale.
- Look for deals on prints and photo books just after the 4th as retailers try to cash in on all those fireworks and picnic picks you took. Shuterfly and Snapfish usually release major print deals early in July. Last year Shutterfly did 101 free prints near the end of the first week of the month (one-day only) and Snapfish had 99 prints for 99 cents at the same time. Look for discounts on photo gifts, too.
- Toys R Us had BOGO Free Fisher-Price baby toys at the end of week one last year. Look for deals at Amazon and Walmart this month, too.
- Petunia Pickle Bottom fans will be thrilled if we see an outlet sale around the 10th like we did last year.
- Look for big time Target baby department clearance starting early in the month.
- The Children’s Place ran a Friends & Family sale on the 19th last year.
- Snapfish had a 50% off site-wide sale around week three last year.
- I expect that we’ll see some “Black Friday in July” sales around the 25th this month. Never too early to start thinking about the holidays, right? Sigh. Watch for them at Target, Step2 and other retailers.
- Gap.com ran a 30% off sale items coupon in week three last year. Old Navy ran one shortly thereafter.
- Last year BabyLegs wowed us with a Buy-one-get-three-free sale around week 3.
- Shutterfly had photo books for 50% off during week four last year.
- Target had kids’ shoes BOGO 50% off at the end of the month last year.
- Shop tax-free for back to school. Many states’ tax holidays are the first or second weekend of the month (Georgia’s is August 1-2). Here’s a state-by-state list of sales tax holidays.
- Consignment stores start accepting fall clothing at the beginning of August. Time to cash in with last years’ winter clothes. Check out BC’s Guide to Consigning Kids Winter Clothing.
Note: BC Predicts information is based on previous years’ sales. Stores and brands don’t always repeat their sales, but they very often do.