Aah, March… Also known as the month when winter finally shows itself the door. At least here in the south, that is. It’s a month when we see quite a few bargains, too, as stores start to really push warm weather clothing. Here are the sales, deals, and coupons to look out for this month.
This list is based on previous years’ bargains. While there’s no guarantee that we’ll see these, I find that stores are pretty consistent from year to year.
March brings showers of consignment sales hosted by churches, neighborhoods and other organizations. This is peak consignment sale time, so be sure to check for sales near you in your local paper or at KidsConsignmentSales.com or ConsignmentMommies.com. Consignment sales will taper off toward the end of April and start up again around the first of August for fall and winter goods.
- Sell your spring and summer apparel at local kiddie consignment stores.
- We saw a $10 off $30 kids’ clothing and shoe coupon from Kohl’s around the 4th of March last year.
- Gymboree ran a 50% off site-wide sale at the end of week one last year.
- Tea Collection had 25% off spring styles at the beginning of week two last year.
- Watch for a deal for $15 Off When You Spend $75 on Clothes, Shoes and Accessories at Target around the start of week two.
- Lands’ End had 40% off dresses, sweaters pants and shoes around the 8th last year.
- Shutterfly ran a 10-free-cards deal near the end of week 2 last year.
- Swimwear deals should start up around mid-month.
- Expect special deals on Pi-Day (3/14). Last year we saw a coupon for an extra 31.4% off at Lands’ End, for example.
- Watch for 40% off site-wide at Old Navy around mid-month.
- Last year around mid-month, Amazon ran a Deal of the Day for up to 40% off select toys and baby gear. The deal included lots of Fisher-Price items.
- Expect a few extra deals on and around St. Patrick’s Day. We saw special discounts from Mabel’s Labels, Disney Store, Gymboree, and 6pm.com last year, for example.
- Last year around the 19th, Amazon ran a “Buy 2 Toys and Games at Amazon, Get 1 FREE” sale.
- Toys R Us had BOGO FREE Fisher-Price Toys around the start of week four last year.
- Watch for “Pi Day” and St. Patrick’s Day sales on March 14 at Crazy8, Gymboree, 6pm.com and elsewhere.
- Watch for this deal at Target during the final week of the month: Spend $50 on Toys, Get an Extra $10 Off
- We’ve been known to see discounts at American Girl during the last half of the month.
- Here’s hoping we see a clearance sale at See Kai Run near the end of the month like we did last year. Prices started at just five bucks.
- Look for a shower of high value coupons from top retailers as we near April. Last year we saw them from Carters, Children’s Place, Kohls and more.
- Sales on outdoor play equipment to begin this month. Look for bargains on swings, basketball goals, etc. from Toys R Us, Target and other retailers.
Keep an eye out for these sales and deals, readers, and let me know when you see ‘em.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.