I love September! From Labor Day sales (get it, “labor”?) to baby proofing and car seat deals for Baby Safety Month and Child Passenger Safety Month, you’ll find some of the year’s best discounts on baby gear this month. Here’s what I expect to see this month, based on sales we saw in previous years.
Labor Day Sales
You can take a look at all the Labor Day sales here.
- Watch for a BOGO FREE Fisher-Price toy sale at Toys R Us near the end of week one.
- We often see deals on Fisher Price toys mid-month. Kmart had 25% off Laugh and Learn toys at mid month last year. Kohl’s ran a 40% off deal for FP toys near the end of the month.
- Mattel toys ran a “Black Friday in September” sale around the end of the third week of the month last year with deals on Fisher Price, Barbie and more.
- Fisher Price also ran a free shipping day during the final week of the month at their site.
- The last week of the month brought 40% off select Fisher-Price toys at Amazon last year. It was their daily deal.
- We also saw extra deep discounts on FP toys at Kohls last year just before the end of the month.
Baby Sales and Other September Sales
- Target’s Baby Sale starts this weekend and should run for about a week. 25% off strollers and more (highlights post coming soon).
- Don’t miss Old Navy’s Baby Sale around the middle of of week one. Everything for baby was 30% off, and maternity items were 25% off.
- Keep an eye on Shutterfly. If we’re lucky, we should see a free photo book deal toward the end of next week.
- The Children’s Place ran a baby sale starting at the end of week one last year. Save up to 50%. There should be a coupon worth 15% off or so released in conjunction with the sale. The end of the first week of September should also bring an extra 30% off clearance during the Fall Sale at The Children’s Place. Changes to extra 50% off at the end of the month
- Last year near the end of week one we saw an Amazon Mom Appreciation Event pop up. A coupon code allowed shoppers to save an extra 20% off of hundreds of items.
- Gap’s Baby Sale started around week two last year also. Save up to 40% on jeans, long-sleeved tees and more. The sale should run for about a week.
- Kohls.com took an extra 20% off baby items during week two last year. Their baby sale runs along with an anniversary sale and a 15% (or so) coupon. The sale should run for about a week.
- Last year Old Navy and Gap ran a one-day coupon for 20% off kid stuff. I told you about it on 9/14.
- Look for both Carters and OshKosh to take an extra 30% off clearance just after mid September.Look for both Carters and OshKosh to take an extra 30% off clearance just after mid September.
- Gap issued a coupon for an extra 25% off clearance items during week three last year.
- Watch for Chicco baby gear deals after mid-month. Last year AlbeeBaby.com offered shoppers $100 off the purchase of a Chicco Keyfit travel system.
- See Kai Run held a warehouse sale online with up to 65% off on the 20th last year.
- The final week of September brought a “free shipping with no minimum” deal at Kohls.com.
- We saw deal for 10 free cards at Shutterfly last year just after the 20th.
- Amazon ran a fall baby sale during week four last year. We saw discounts on Ergobaby, Recaro and more.
- Lands End ran a Friends and Family sale near the end of week four last year with 30% off.
- The end of the month also brought a deal for an extra 50% off clearance toys at Kmart last year.
Have you noticed that all the online retailers have their Halloween costumes up? Are you wondering if you should buy now? The answer is no, unless there’s something super particular you want and you’re afraid to miss out.
Expect discounting on Halloween costumes to begin around the first of October. It will start at 25% to 30% off and increase weekly. In the meantime, check out this post: Finding Scary-Good Deals on Second Hand Halloween Costumes
Consignment sales continue (see listings here). Garage sales pick up as the weather cools off.
Do you know of any more great sales in September? Let us know in the comments.