Play kitchens are on our all star toys list. They’re hits for both girls and boys from about age two to age five. With all the models out there, how can you pick the best play kitchen for your home?
This guide will help. It’s even got buy-it-now prices so you know when you’re getting a great deal. Enjoy!
- Consider your space carefully. How much room do you have? Would a corner kitchen work better than a straight one? Take time to measure your available width and depth before your shop.
- Consider your budget before you buy so that you won’t be tempted to spend more than you should. Kitchens list from about $60 to $300 and up.
- Consider checking your favorite second-hand sources for a gently used kitchen.
- Does then kitchen need to allow room for more than one kid to play at once? A larger kitchen or a kitchen with two-sided play can help avoid squabbles.
- Do you care if the kitchen you choose requires batteries? Most of the plastic kitchens need them to power lights, bells, whistles, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to get a “simple” kitchen. Kids are creative and will fill in for the missing bells and whistles with their imaginations. Electronic bells and whistles can get annoying for grownups, too.
- Allow plenty of time for assembly. The wooden kitchens generally take longer to put together than the plastic kitchens.
- Does the kitchen offer room for play food and utensil storage? If not, think about how you’ll corral those small pieces.
- Be prepared to secure the kitchen to the wall if you think there’s any possibility of tipping.
Popular Kitchens and Buy-It-Now Prices
All of these kitchens are top sellers with great ratings. I’ve linked to these kitchens at Amazon so that you can learn more and read customer reviews. Unless otherwise noted, the appropriate age for these kitchens is 3 and up.
“Buy It Now” prices are what I consider “very good” prices on the item. They’re the best sale prices you can expect to find fairly regularly, based on records of previous sales. Don’t confuse these with the “lowest price ever” price. You may be able to beat this price if you happen onto a unusually great sale.
Note that the buy-it-now prices may be up to 45% of the list prices. Expect to see lots of deals on play kitchens in the weeks starting after Halloween.
See the kitchens after the jump.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.