Did you see the recent news? Now that just about everyone’s switched to BPA-free plastics, researchers are starting to assert that even those aren’t safe.
Fortunately, when it comes to bottles and sippy cups, there are a bunch of non-plastic alternatives out there.
Here’s a roundup of the highest rated bottles and sippies made from silicone, glass, and stainless steel. Even the straws and handles are plastic free. I’ve linked to them at Amazon so you can learn more.
- Life factory 9-Ounce Glass Bottle with Flat Cap and Silicone Sleeve: MSRP: $24.99. Regularly available for about $10 less. Great ratings.
- Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Infant Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, 11 ounce: MSRP $19.99. Later ransforms into sippy with purchase of spout.
- Born Free 9 oz. BPA-Free Premium Glass Bottle with Bonus Silicone Sleeve: MSRP $29.99 for three. Pretty easy to find for less. Silicone nipples are available in five flow rates.
Sippies and Straw Cups
- green sprouts Glass Sip ‘n Straw Cup: MSRP $19.99. Glass insert is covered by plastic shield to protect from breaking, but base and handles are rubber. Spout and straw are silicone.
- Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Sippy Cup: MSRP $16.99. Silicone spout. Also comes in straw bottle.
- Kid Kanteen 12-Ounce Stainless Steel Bottle With Sippy Cap: MSRP $17.99. Silicone spout and dust cover. Great ratings.
Note: While they may cost more at first, you may well find that items made from silicone, glass and stainless steel will last longer than their plastic counterparts.
This post may contain affiliate links. See BC's disclosure policy for more info.